Onwards and upwards: Emirates Skywards Rewards its customers.
Emirates Skywards rewards program continues to go from strength to strength, and as the world starts to tentatively emerge from its year-long slumber, Skywards has amped up their offers to get customers back into the sky! Both in the UAE and internationally, Skywards offers miles depending on the amount spent off of their partner cards. Points can be spent through lots of options so be sure to check out their current redemption options. As the program continues to grow into a lifestyle program with products such as Skywards Everyday, providing ample payment options to drive that growth is important. Noted below are some of the best credit cards and payment options on the market provided to boost your Skywards value-earned and experience.
5) American Express – International.Possibly Emirates largest international financial partner, their ties with American Express spread across most of the countries emirates operates in, from the USA to South Korea. AMEX’s rewards program, Membership Rewards, allows you to convert the reward points you earned through their own system at a rate of 1:1, which means you certainly get bang for your buck on miles. As AMEX continues to grow in the GCC market, we expect this option to become more popular in the region.
4) ADIB Emirates Skywards World Elites/World CardPart of a joint branding exercise with the Abu Dhabi International Bank, the Skywards World/World Elite cards offer some of the best deals when it comes to earning Skyward Miles. To kick it off, you get a welcome bonuses starting at 40000 miles for the World card and 50000 for the World Elite Card (that’s a round trip ticket anywhere in the Middle East). A ratio of 3 Skywards miles per USD spend makes it easier earn rewards on your daily spend. One of the best options for an Islamic-based travel credit card.
3) Citibank Ultima/Ultimate Credit Card
Another excellent card, offering two levels of card with excellent benefits, the Citibank Ultima and Ultimate cards are a little more accessible than the ADIB cards. While they share many benefits, the Ultima card offers bonus Skyward Miles on signup and renewal – 25000 and 10000 respectively. With further benefits including complimentary golf and movie tickets, you can certainly get plenty of mileage from this card.
2) RAKBANK Emirates Skywards World Elite Mastercard
Like many others RAKBANK offers a wide range of benefits, as well as ways to earn Skywards miles. While it doesn’t offer the signing bonuses of others, it has a large scale of earnable miles alongside its customer benefits, starting from 600 miles a month for AED2000 spent. With both silver and gold tiers, monthly draws for 1 million Skyward miles if you spend over AED10000 and a fee waiver for the first year, RAKBANK offers a more flexible approach to accumulating miles. Like the ADIB cards, this card is also currently offering up to 50% cashback on its usage.
1) Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite/Signature card
Topping our list, with some of the most generous benefits and bonuses related to Skywards, the Emirates NBD Skywards cards offer both generous bonus miles for signing up and for spending throughout the year. While the thresholds are quite high, they offer plenty of time to reach those thresholds. With a conversion rate starting at 1:0.75 on the signature card and 1:1 on the infinite card, and scaling upwards, they remain one of the best deals for those looking to supplement their Skyward Miles
Should you have any questions on what card to go for or credit card options around redemption and accrual, then please ask our Community! You can access the forum here.
Main Image provided by Shutterstock